Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Just-In-Case Post

Last night, I attended a redundant meeting for the summer employees down at Grasshopper Park. So after that meeting I stopped at the Mykonos for a quick Greek salad and chicken souvlaki. It was good. Generally I order the gyro yeero geero jiro whatever—people call it what they want—but I am fond of souvlaki. The salad is kind of skimpy on ingredients, however, or at least it seems to me. Two tiny kalamatas, maybe two cherry tomatoes and two pieces of cucumber. On the menu, pepperoncinis are listed, but I found none, and that makes me sad. I also added a tomato that I diced.

So by then it was quarter 'til eight, and of course it is NCAA tournament time, a great time of year for basketball fans, and I resigned to the couch, where I essentially remained until 6:30 this morning. Right now I am waiting for Janet to get home so we can have our Friday dinner date. I do not know where we're going, Fish Bones maybe, but she just pulled in so we'll see. In the meantime, I'm having a Miller Lite or two with V8, an olive, and a pickle. Bis Spater.

3 comments:

kimberly said...

What is that called when you add beer to tomato juice?! I had a guy order that at Hondos once... never heard of it before... It does not sound appealing to me. Did you also add the olive and pickle to the beer?!
I had Mexican out tonight at our somewhat usual Friday night spot. The food is decent, but the margaritas...that is what really takes us there... you can't beat them. They actually mix them fresh vs. the premix crap most places have.
I had some shrimp that were cooked w/ onions and peppers and topped with melty cheese and ranchero sauce. I wrapped them in a corn tortilla with sour cream and beans. Damn good. Where did ya'll go?

J.S. Booterbaugh said...

ha. We went to the Kiosko for Mexican, also. I had chicken burrito type things and a margarita. I am pretty sure they mix their own as it was tasty. Mexican on Friday is good to me. Janet had shrimp, also.

And yes, pickles and olives in the beer. It finishes the drink so well. I call it Bloody Beer. Some call it chelada, maybe? If you like tomato juice and beer, this drink is for you. I love it.

kimberly said...

Had a couple chances to go to Kiosko before we moved- good food there for sure! I love that they have some different vegetarian dishes than the norm.
Yes- Chelada! I am pretty sure that was it. If he comes in again, I'll ask if he wants an olive and a pickle! :)