Monday, February 8, 2010

Leftovers


There is absolutely nothing I want to cook today. So much food waits inside the fridge: jambalaya, apples, milk, soda pop, celery, carrots, condiments of every variety, oranges, a grapefruit, herbs, hot sauces, pickles, sliced meats, etc., and I am a rich man, relatively speaking. Fabulously wealthy, in fact, and it's no surprise that I am afflicted with the Disease of Kings, THE GOUT. Be gone, THE GOUT. I do not wish to see you again, you insidious thief and hobbler of men.

THE GOUT will flare from ingesting too much rich fare; shellfish and meat, beans and beer. Oh, but I have been careful, except of late, from fear, of THE GOUT.

But I digress. I arrived home today and decided to my eat my daily meal of meals in the form of the lone remaining hunk of Muffaletta, heated in the microwave for 25 seconds. The Walrus (is on the right; Hazelnut is on the left)had to have some. He snorted and stood up on his Beagle legs. He will turn 360 for a bite of bread. He loves it more than anything.

I disposed of the sandwich and matched that with a bowl of Jambalaya that I have made a glutton of myself eating. It turned out so well. Nice and spicy, but a slowly arriving heat that firmly announces itself. How much Jambalaya remains? Two quarts? I made too much. Back to eating healthy tomorrow. Chicken and vegetables and such things. I made some cilantro oil that I am looking forward to trying on a bit of fowl.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

I also will do a 360 for a bite of bread! :)